„Holiday Inn Berlin City Center East Prenzlauer Berg“
The entire building was completely refurbished in a construction period of just over 14 weeks: 123 rooms, all corridors, stairwells and common areas, as well as the main supply pipes and technical installations were completely revamped and replaced; the elevators were technically updated and given a fresh, new look.
- Location: Prenzlauer Allee 169 | D-10409 Berlin
- Classification: 4-Star
- Rooms: 123 in four categories
- Open Lobby: 135 sqm with reception area and smart-check-in-terminals, bar „One Sixty Nine“ and lounge area
- Breakfast room: 160 sqm with 94 seats
- Conference rooms: 5 rooms sized 16 to 95 sqm
- Gym: equipped with ten cardio and weight machines
- Hotel operator: Circle Hotels Hotelbetriebsgesellschaft mbH, Berlin
- Project partner: Manfred Weingärtner
The focus of the hotel’s renovation was placed in particular on the rooms as well as the common areas. Highlights are the completely re-designed foyer with windbreak as well as the open lobby with generous 135 sqm space: The open-plan layout allows the reception area, bar and lounge to merge seamlessly with each other, complemented by elegant character and innovative design. Particularly stunning is the completely re-designed post-and-beam façade in the lobby area.
„As project developer and owners, we wanted to revamp the hotel to meet the requirements placed on a modern urban hotel. Particularly challenging was the tight timing at the construction site due to the enormous pressure of time constraints – a high level of coordination and management effort were necessary for the simultaneous de-construction and re-construction work“, says Robert Hübner, Executive Manager of the RH Unternehmensgruppe.
The „Holiday Inn City Center East Prenzlauer Berg“ was finished in 1993, one of the first new buildings on Prenzlauer Allee after German reunification. After 25 years of continuous operation, it was clear that comprehensive refurbishment was necessary. The owner, RH Unternehmensgruppe and Manfred Weingärtner invested some 4 million Euros in the hotel’s re-design and revitalization.
Design-related decisions were made primarily by the hotel’s operator, Circle Hotels Hotelbetriebsgesellschaft mbH as well as the owners: „For us, it was of fundamental importance to give the hotel a distinct touch while maintaining the clear guidelines of the corporate identity. Guests should be able to feel the hotel’s special character the moment they step inside“, explains Karolin Brückner, Managing Director of Circle Hotels Hotelbetriebsgesellschaft mbH.
- Project development and implementation: S.E.T. Service GmbH, a subsidiary of the RH Unternehmensgruppe
- General contractor: TM Ausbau GmbH
- FF&E: Appia Contract GmbH
- FanCoils: Daume GmbH
- Elevators: Otis Elevator Company
- Lighting: Lichthaus Mösch & Projektgesellschaft mbH
- Refurbishment started on: 7. Januar 2019
- Hotel re-opened on: 18. April 2019